The Sleep Gallery
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Welcome to The Sleep Gallery – Your Specialty Sleep Shops!
We have the area’s largest mattress selection, offering the highest quality name brands at unbeatable prices. Our factory-trained sleep consultants can assuredly help you find the perfect night’s sleep. Come in and experience how our service, really does make a difference.
The Sleep Gallery was established in Biloxi, Mississippi in 1988. Its rapidly grew into one of the largest Specialty Sleep Shops sweeping the Southeast with locations in: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.
The Sleep Gallery Superstores are individually owned and operated and members of a national buying group. This enables The Sleep Gallery to deliver the highest quality products at the absolute lowest prices, with sincere personalized service for each and every guest.
The Tallahassee location opened in 1999 and quickly established itself as Tallahassee’s premier mattress retailer. The success can be attributed to the proven track record of previous Sleep Galleries combined with the pride of local ownership. We offer the area’s largest mattress selection, with the lowest prices, and treat all guests like family. It’s that simple.
Unlike the impersonal corporate stores, The Sleep Gallery has an n-site warehouse. This means immediate delivery or take it with you. So, come visit The Mattress Experts™ at The Sleep Gallery, and take a nap!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I know if it is time for a new mattress?
- Mattresses wear out on different timetables. This is due to numerous factors such as how the mattress was used (guest room, master bedroom, doubled as a trampoline for the kids), whether it was cared for properly and/or the quality of the mattress itself. Here are some signs that you may need a new mattress:
- Visible wear and tear such as extreme sagging or protruding coils.
- Tossing and turning or waking up frequently during the night
- Waking up in the morning feeling stiff, sore or with body aches and pains
- If you are just not sleeping as well as you used to
- How do I know what size mattress I need?
- Here are the measurements of the most common size mattresses:
Twin 38″ x 75″
Full 54″ x 75″
Queen 60″ x 80″
King 76″ x 80″
Not So Common Sizes
Twin XL 38″ x 80″
Full XL 54″ x 80″
Olympic Queen 66″ x 80″
Cal King (waterbed king) 72″ x 84″
You must take into consideration the size of your room and the space available. You want to make sure that there is enough room for your mattress and your furniture. Make sure there is enough room in bed for both you and your partner to move freely. Also take into consideration if you have any pets or children that may be sleeping with you. Because your new mattress will most likely be thicker than your current mattress, the height of your mattress is also important to consider. A thicker mattress may make it difficult to get in and out of bed or it may cover up too much of your headboard. These problems can be solved with either a low-profile box spring, a low-profile frame or both if needed.
- What should I look for when purchasing a new mattress?
- The two most important factors to consider when buying a new mattress are comfort and support. It’s important to consider the comfort needs of both you and your partner. The right mattress will not only be comfortable but will keep your spine in proper alignment, which is how your spine is when it’s in a good standing posture.
- Are the number of coils important?
- The number of coils in a unit is not necessarily the most important aspect of a mattress. There are other things to consider such as coil thickness, number of turns and coil construction. Your local Sleep Gallery can show you the differences so you can make an educated decision
- Do I need a new boxspring?
- Box springs are made to work in conjunction with your mattress and chances are if your mattress is bad so are your box springs. A bad box spring will wear your mattress out quicker so buy them together to get the most out of your investment
- What is the difference between a box spring and a foundation?
- A foundation is like a solid platform that rests underneath a mattress and a box spring has coils in it and acts as a shock absorber to help share the wear and tear of your mattress. Either way when you buy a new mattress it’s best to get a new box spring or foundation with it.